Best practice forum (Archived)

Adding and Removing staff from certifications

Rob Bloor
Adding and Removing staff from certifications
by Rob Bloor - Thursday, 22 May 2014, 5:54 AM

We have set up all our training requirements by putting staff in appropriate audiences and I am about to load legacy data.  I decided to test adding legacy data of someone who was not in an audience.  It still added them to the certificate (as an individual).  I’d prefer this not to happen (but that’s another story).  So to rectify it, it seemed logical to delete them from the certification.

It is now saying that I am still on the certification with the reasons that I belong to an audience (that I obviously do not).  It seem such as I cannot now delete me from this.  It also allowed me to re-certificate!

Anyone else come across similar behaviour and how do you take people off certifications especially as dynamic audiences should also remove them (haven’t tested as yet).  If this is the case does it still keep a record of past certifications?

Thanks

Rob

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 22 May 2014, 6:11 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Rob Bloor
Re: Adding and Removing staff from certifications
by Rob Bloor - Thursday, 22 May 2014, 7:03 AM

Hi Alan

Thanks for your reply. The person isn't being re-added as they are not in any audience.  The certification upload added them as an individual, which was then deleted, there are no exceptions, just happily sitting there in the certification.

I'll give the unlocking criteria a go to see if that deletes them from the certification overnight.

Rob

me
by George Angus - Thursday, 22 May 2014, 7:48 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rob,

Could you be more specific about the Legacy data and its relationship with the certification?

regards,

George.

Rob Bloor
by Rob Bloor - Friday, 23 May 2014, 2:56 AM

Hi George

This is the CVS file that I uploaded using upload Completion Records (no errors)

username,certificationshortname, certificationidnumber, completiondate
11258199,Food Hygiene - Update (1 yearly),CT048,20/05/2013

As mentioned it added me to the certification CT048 and when I looked at the Program Assignments it had me (I am 11258199) added as an individual. This makes sense.

I then looked at my record and it stated that I was added to the certification as being part of an audience (this was an audience attached to this certification but I was definitely not in that audience).

I then deleted me as an individual and it is still stating that I am attached as being part of this random audience. I cannot get rid of the certification attached to me.

Hope this helps

Rob