Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Friday, 20 April 2012, 2:59 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Monday, 30 April 2012, 3:03 AM
Dan Marsden
Re: Information missing from SCORM reports
by Dan Marsden - Monday, 30 April 2012, 3:18 AM

Hi Hannah - probably not quite enough info here for the Totara team to diagnose this - here's my understanding of the part that I think could be a bug with the way attempts are generated in Totara.

Something is incrementing the "attempt" var without an actual attempt occuring

something is registering an "empty" attempt in SCORM without the user actually entering and loading the SCORM correctly.

A possible location for this in the totara code (I haven't looked at the totara code to trace this so I might be wrong) could be the way pop-up windows are handled/blocked.

Eg - user loads SCORM but pop-ups are blocked, Totara registers this as an "attempt"
when user reloads with pop-up blocked instead of using the previously created "empty" attempt it generates a new one.

For the Totara team to resolve this may need a copy of the SCORM you are using - I guess one of them will get in touch for further info if required.

Note to Totara LMS team - feel free to ping me on jabber/irc if you want more info - thanks!

Thursday, 10 May 2012, 6:20 PM
Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 10 May 2012, 7:17 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sonia

The SCORM interactions are stored in the course under Grades report - select the SCORM and the attempt no and then the track details link as below.

SCORM report

This information is also available using the Report builder and the SCORM report source.

The information needs to be published from the SCORM to pass into Totara so as long as you have done this then it should show up in Totara.

Note that you should publish the SCORM v1.2 as some of the SCORM 2004 interactions are not supported.

Craig

Thursday, 10 May 2012, 8:24 PM
Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 10 May 2012, 9:16 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sonia

The track details link appears for me when I click on the users attempt no.

The track details doesn't show any extra information than what's available in the report builder fields.

The SCORM package file I used was saved as one file per SCORM and each section in the SCORM had a track details next to it. I have attached this file to see if this helps to see the information.

Craig

Thursday, 10 May 2012, 9:52 PM
Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Friday, 11 May 2012, 2:26 AM
Group Totara

Report builder's scorm report is just a summary - it doesn't currently support providing full tracking details (although it would be possible to write a new source to report on this).

For now I'm afraid you'll have to use moodle's built in reporting to view the details of each individual.

Simon

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Monday, 30 April 2012, 7:35 PM
Group Totara

Hi Hannah,

I looked into it - it seems to be a problem with the way Internet Explorer handles form submission when the popup blocker gets activated - the user gets prompted to resubmit the form and if they do it creates the false record.

I've written a workaround that seems to resolve the problem, we'll include it in this week's release (1.1.15) which is due out tomorrow.

I've sent Catalyst the patch in case you need it sooner.

Thanks,

Simon

Tuesday, 1 May 2012, 12:43 AM
Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Thursday, 10 May 2012, 2:52 PM
Group Totara

Just to confirm this fix made it into 1.1.15.

Simon