Best practice forum (Archived)

Error message: Setting view does not exist in the component plan

Martinique Johns
Error message: Setting view does not exist in the component plan
by Martinique Johns - Friday, 15 June 2012, 7:39 AM

My client has requested a custom sys admin role.  Permissions include everything the true sys admin role can do accept deleting.  This role can not DO everything on the system, nor do they have access to edit anything that will impact the system, roles, etc.

I've encountered and error and I need some help trying to decipher it (see error_corp_admin_role.png).  I have also include a screen shot of the permissions assigned to this role (see corp_admin_perm.png)

screenshot

(Edited by Simon Coggins (Totara Software Architect) to fix image issue - original submission Friday, 15 June 2012, 09:39 AM)

Martinique Johns
Re: Error message: Setting view does not exist in the component plan
by Martinique Johns - Friday, 15 June 2012, 10:37 AM

Here is the second image showing the role permissions.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 17 June 2012, 5:02 PM
Group Totara

Hi Martinique

It looks like you have allowed all of the settings around learning plans - some of the permissions for learning plans might not be accessible via permissions as they are connected to the manager role.

Some of this was/is hard coded against the manager role I think these are coming out https://bugs.totaralms.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7770 but don't think they have yet.

Craig

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Sunday, 17 June 2012, 7:49 PM
Group Totara

Yes Craig is right - plans currently only works with two hardcoded roles - learner and manager. It would take additional development work to extend plans to work with another role.

Simon

Martinique Johns
by Martinique Johns - Monday, 18 June 2012, 7:07 AM

To make sure I'm clear, when you refer to the learner and manager role, do you mean at the system level?

Or could these roles be assigned at category, program and/or course level?  I'm asking because I may need to rethink our role assignments in the midst of our launch and want to be clear about the overall impact when I start implementing changes.

Best;

~m

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 18 June 2012, 3:57 PM
Group Totara

Hi Martinique

The Manager role is assigned locally to the users manager when you select the manager using the Position tab in the user profile. This gives access to the Myteam menu to the manager - you shouldn't need to apply this role at any other level.

The learner role is usually applied at a course level - assigning this at a system level will give learners access to all courses.

For more info on assigning system roles see

http://help.totaralms.com/site_admin/assigning_system_roles.htm

Craig

Martinique Johns
by Martinique Johns - Tuesday, 19 June 2012, 7:53 AM

Thank you Craig.  I must admit, I was worried for a bit there - but, then I realized that I just hadn't had enough coffee.

Appreciate the assist.

~m