Best practice forum (Archived)

possible bug

Giovanni  Ramos
possible bug
by Giovanni Ramos - Friday, 13 July 2012, 10:21 AM

Hi,

I am creating a program and I cant add a competency that has NOT a course in it, I dont have any problem in adding courses or competencies with courses as evidence, but if I want to add a competency with no course I cant.

Its there anyway of doing this? or possible solutions? 

thanks

This forum post has been removed
Sunday, 15 July 2012, 2:53 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Giovanni  Ramos
Re: possible bug
by Giovanni Ramos - Sunday, 15 July 2012, 8:17 PM

I am sorry, I think I didnt make self clear.

The problem is that I cant add a competency to a program or add the competency to a position.

the competency that I want to add (doenst have any course related) example

Competency "leadership": has 3 courses in order to achieve it, (this one I can add it to a position or to a program)

Competency "team work": has none course to achieve, I created this competency without courses because I dont need a course to measure it, "i will use the scale" to measure it (so, this competency I cant add it to a position or to a program, totara just doenst let me, it doenst even appear as an option to add to a program)

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 16 July 2012, 8:35 PM
Group Totara

Hi Giovanni

Course linked competencies should be able to be assigned to a position though the position management. You may need to click on the drop down box to display the framework that the competency is in.

http://help.totaralms.com/Manage_Positions.htm#Assigning_Competencies_to_Position_Items

I don't think a competency without a course is able to be assigned to a program

The learning with a program needs completion times to calculate the program completion time and generate time sensitive messages .

I am not sure of the best way to make this happen maybe linking to a course with no content and grade scale in it that shows competency or not that an assessor can fill in.

Alternatively maybe just leaving a non course competency out of the program and just assess this in the learning plan.

What do others do in this case ?

Craig

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Tuesday, 17 July 2012, 4:30 PM
Group Totara

See my response here:

https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=17113

As Alastair said program management isn't designed to handle competencies directly - to make it do so would require significant development.

Simon

Giovanni  Ramos
by Giovanni Ramos - Wednesday, 18 July 2012, 9:15 AM

Craig,

Thank you, this one of the functionalities that the possible costumer will want, if they want this, I will look around for possible solutions.