Best practice forum (Archived)

Totara 2.2 - 2.3?

Vijay Nair
Totara 2.2 - 2.3?
by Vijay Nair - Tuesday, 21 August 2012, 7:51 AM

Hi All,

I saw this first on Linked in groups, that Totara released 2.2 that is based on moodle 2.2. 

But Moodle has already released 2.3 which has some really good features included. 

One notable feature is a nice interface that combines resources and activities.

The other being the drag and drop feature to drag files on to moodle.

I would definetly want to see this in action on Totara as well.

Also something that is not completely clear to me is how do I know which version of Totara I am using? - I see in the system environments - the way I see on moodle but it only shows moodle version and Totara specific version. 

Can I directly upgrade to Totara - without having to pay additionally for another Totara package?

Thanks in advance.

Vijay

Vijay Nair
Re: Totara 2.2 - 2.3?
by Vijay Nair - Tuesday, 21 August 2012, 8:05 AM

Regarding last point I meant to say can I upgrade from Totara 1.1 to 2.2?
Richard Wyles
by Richard Wyles - Tuesday, 21 August 2012, 3:03 PM

Hi Vijay,
It's a question of timing. Porting to 2.2 was a big job taking around 6mths. Thank-fully, moving to the Moodle 2.x codebase means that staying in lock-step will be much easier going forward.

Yes, Moodle 2.3 does have some great features and we will have these included in Totara's next scheduled release.

Yes, you can upgrade from Totara 1.1 to 2.2 without having to pay for anything additional. This is a key advantage of the subscription model.

regards
Richard 

Vijay Nair
by Vijay Nair - Wednesday, 22 August 2012, 1:09 AM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for above, can you also answer the bit on how I can find out which version of Totara I am using.

Regards

Vijay

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Wednesday, 22 August 2012, 1:27 AM
Group Totara

Hi Vijay,

If you go to Site Administration > Notifications you should see both the Totara version and the version of moodle that it's based on. The current release shows:

Version 2.2.1 (Build: 20120821.00)

under the big totara logo which is the totara version then lower down:

Moodle 2.2.4 (Build: 20120706)

Which is the moodle version that this version of Totara is based on.

Thanks,

Simon