Best practice forum (Archived)

Totara Academy is open!

Wesley Holden
Totara Academy is open!
by Wesley Holden - Wednesday, 25 June 2014, 2:01 PM

You are invited to create a new account on academy.totaralms.com to access to the Totara Webinar recordings and self-paced Train the Trainer and Site Admin courses that were on the community site. The same account you create will be used for Certifications. If you choose to sign up for an Academy certification program, please email academy@totaralms.com to get enrollment information.

If you have any questions, please let us know!

Wesley Holden
Re: Totara Academy is open!
by Wesley Holden - Wednesday, 25 June 2014, 5:15 PM

A couple more pieces of info to add!

If you are new to Totara or looking for training, academy.totaralms.com is the place to go.

When you create your account, an email will be sent to you immediately with a link to click on to access your account. If you don't see the email in a few minutes, check your SPAM folder as quite a few folks have reported it going there.

The Academy offers webinars, self-paced courses and certification programs for folks looking to certify as Totara Site Administrators and/or Course Creators. If you are interested in certification, please contact your Partner company with the certification(s) you would like to enroll in; they will in turn contact the Academy as they may have other subscribers to enroll en masse. There is an $150 fee per certification that will be paid to the Partner company as well.

Certification programs are not training, they do provide some resources like links to the help files, but there are other resources available to you (like the Site Admin and Course Creator webinar series) to get you going!

Cheers!

(Edited by George Angus (Community Support) - original submission Thursday, 26 June 2014, 12:15 PM)

Gareth Kilby
by Gareth Kilby - Tuesday, 15 July 2014, 6:09 PM

I've been working my way through Totara Academy and learning a lot of useful stuff, but I've found a few of the links in the 'Setting Up and Managing Totara' course seem to be dead ends.

The first I found was 'Totara and Moodle' under Topic 2, 'What is Totara'.

The second was 'Activity: Researching roles' under Topic 4, 'Giving Others Access'.

Both links just lead to an empty page with only the Totara leaf logo. Is this happening to anyone else?

Wesley Holden
by Wesley Holden - Wednesday, 16 July 2014, 10:07 AM

Thanks Gareth, I'll get those sorted!

Gareth Kilby
by Gareth Kilby - Wednesday, 16 July 2014, 5:30 PM

I've also had trouble with 'Totara Help on Course Enrolments' under Topic 5. A window opens with three links, but they're all dead.

I'm using Google Chrome, if that's any help.

Cheers