Best practice forum (Archived)

What to consider to Migrate Moodle 1.9.17 to Totatar 2.2

Pablo Piquemilh
What to consider to Migrate Moodle 1.9.17 to Totatar 2.2
by Pablo Piquemilh - Wednesday, 17 October 2012, 1:18 PM
Group Partners

Hello, We have an important client actually working with Moodle, the version I've with them installed is 1.9.17, we have been working with them during 3 yeats, for us is a really important.

So we want to offer them to migrate their versión with all their information & restructure all their learning plans appplying futures from Totara.

The question is ¿What do I have to conisder to do that? The important thing is not to loose all the data (users, registers, courses, content) used actually and in the database and addapt it to the new totara learning structure.

How to do that? & how many men hours could take us do that?

Thanks

Pablo

? ?
Re: What to consider to Migrate Moodle 1.9.17 to Totatar 2.2
by ? ? - Wednesday, 17 October 2012, 2:44 PM

Hi Pablo,

The Totara 2.2 code fully supports an upgrade from Totara 1.1.17 and upwards; or Moodle 2.2.

So in your case I would suggest following the Moodle upgrade procedures, first to the latest 1.9, then to Moodle 2.2. The current versions of Totara are based on Moodle 2.2.5 so you should target that version to upgrade your Moodle to.

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Upgrading_to_Moodle_2.2

Once your code is on Moodle 2.2.5 you should be able to easily upgrade to the latest Totara 2.2.x with no data loss or other problems.

Hope that helps

Mario Planas
Re: What to consider to Migrate Moodle 1.9.17 to Totatar 2.2
by Mario Planas - Thursday, 18 October 2012, 2:02 AM
Group Partners

Hi Ciaran, 

Can we upgrade directly from Moodle 2.0.5 to Totara 2.2.x?

Or do you recommend upgrade Moodle to Moodle 2.2.5?

Thanks,

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 18 October 2012, 6:10 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.