Best practice forum (Archived)

Course Completion Under My Team tab

Rohit Dhody
Course Completion Under My Team tab
by Rohit Dhody - Monday, 22 October 2012, 12:57 AM

Hi,

I am facing an issue whereby when a learner completes the course, for the Manager, the number is not getting updated under the Course Completion column on the My Team page.

When I log on as a learner, i can see that the course is completed, but from the Manager login it is not getting updated.

Is there any specific setting that we need to do in order to update the details under the My Team tab.

Regards,

Rohit

me
Re: Course Completion Under My Team tab
by George Angus - Monday, 22 October 2012, 5:58 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rohit,

I have been able to replicate this issue & it appears to be a bug. I have passed the information to the developers. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

regards,

George.

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 22 October 2012, 7:36 PM

The course completion numbers in the My Team report rely on the Totara Statistics block numbers, which are supposed to be calculated daily by a cron that runs around midnight, usually.

If the numbers do not update by the next day then there may be a totara_stats bug.

Rohit Dhody
by Rohit Dhody - Monday, 22 October 2012, 8:33 PM

Thanks George and Ciaran for your response

The issue appears the next day also. We have been observing this for a couple of days.

Can you please let me know by when can i have a release of this bug fix. We have a our LMS launch next week and would like this functionality to be updated before launch.

We are currently running 2.2.7 but would not like to upgrade to a newer version just before the launch without testing.

If possible, can you please send me the relevant files only that will be updated for this bug fix.

Thanks.

Rohit

This forum post has been removed
Tuesday, 23 October 2012, 6:39 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
? ?
by ? ? - Tuesday, 23 October 2012, 2:11 PM

Hi Rohit, Niek -

Rohit if you are running Totara on a Windows/IIS/MSSQL platform then I would recommend upgrading to 2.2.8 anyway as it fixes a couple of MSSQL-specific bugs in 2.2.7.

As to the completion cron, I'm looking into it today and hope to have a detailed explanation of what is going on - and a patch if there's a bug - later today so stay tuned!

Rohit Dhody
by Rohit Dhody - Tuesday, 23 October 2012, 8:20 PM

Hi Ciaran

We are actually running Totara on Linux/Apache/MSSQL platform and would like to defer the upgrade for a couple of weeks as our launch is coming up next week and we have limited time on our hands.

Would really appreciate if you can clarify more on the completion cron and provide a path if there is a bug.

Thanks

Rohit 

? ?
by ? ? - Tuesday, 23 October 2012, 8:59 PM

Just to confirm

a) there is actually a bug in the completion cron and we have a patch in review

b) The nature of the bug means that in order to correct the totals on the My Team report for courses already completed we also need a data manipulation upgrade script, which will be an upgrade to the totara_core module, though the bug itself is a one-line change

c) The course completion totals on the My Team report should, when the bug is fixed, be updated on every run of the cron, not overnight as I previously mentioned.

If you want to correct the bug yourself then in file lib/completion/completion_completion.php, line 310, change

$data['eventtype'] = STATS_EVENT_COURSE_STARTED;

to

$data['eventtype'] = STATS_EVENT_COURSE_COMPLETE;

Which will/should start picking up any courses completed after this change is applied. But the correction of the totals for any courses already completed should probably wait for the official patch.

Rohit Dhody
by Rohit Dhody - Tuesday, 23 October 2012, 9:29 PM

Thanks Ciaran

this is great. Would resolve our issue. As we have not yet launched our LMS, no worries of old courses to be marked as completed.

Once again, thanks for your support.

Regards,

Rohit