Best practice forum (Archived)

Feedback to Short Answer Questions

? ?
Feedback to Short Answer Questions
by ? ? - Wednesday, 24 October 2012, 4:29 AM

Hello

I have a course which contains a number of Lessons.  For some of these i have Short Answer questions, prompting students to pick the correct answer from a (quite long) list and type it in.  I can easily provide feedback to the students if they get the correct answer, but i also wish to give feedback when they get it wrong, and i am having difficulties there.

I did find some help text around setting up "expected" wrong answers using ++(xxxxx|xxxxx|zzzzz)/i  but that did not seem to be working consistently for me, and now I cannot find that information on the help site when i went to double check.

Has anyone had a similar experiences, and better luck?

Thanks

Scott

me
Re: Feedback to Short Answer Questions
by George Angus - Wednesday, 24 October 2012, 3:23 PM
Group Totara

Hi Scott,

Im not an expert in Short Answer questions - but you may find some useful info here: https://moodle.org/public/search?cx=017878793330196534763%3A-0qxztjngoy&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=short+answer+question&sa=Search+moodle.org

regards,

George.

me
Re: Feedback to Short Answer Questions
by George Angus - Wednesday, 24 October 2012, 9:15 PM
Group Totara

Hi Scott,

Could you clarify which version of Totara you are using, and also if you want to generate some kind of report based on actual answers or a hint if students put in the wrong answer?

cheers,

George.