Best practice forum (Archived)

Progress bar showing 'In progress' before user has started the SCORM course

Stephen Cope
Progress bar showing 'In progress' before user has started the SCORM course
by Stephen Cope - Thursday, 3 January 2013, 8:18 AM

When I add a SCORM course to a user’s learning it is showing as ‘In progress’ before the user has even started the course and the green bar is half way across the progress bar.

I have created SCORM courses that when I make available show as ‘Not started yet’ on the progress bar. I am not sure why one course would do this and not the other. As far as I am aware I have not done anything differently.

This is creating problems when users log in  to view the courses available, they think that they have started some although this is not the case.

Any ideas why the courses are showing this?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Stephen

me
Re: Progress bar showing 'In progress' before user has started the SCORM course
by George Angus - Thursday, 3 January 2013, 1:53 PM
Group Totara

Hi Stephen,

The progress bar counts enrolment in a course as "progress", this is because once a learner has been enroled in a course they generally have a set time in which to complete it. 

The bar has only three states - blank, half-complete and complete. 

The status of the progress bar will also depend upon how the course has been made available to the learner, in the case of enrolment through a program for instance it will be blank until the course is launched.

Hope this is helpful,

regards

George.

Stephen Cope
by Stephen Cope - Friday, 4 January 2013, 6:33 AM

Thanks George,

I am sure some of my SCORM courses show up as not started yet although i have enrolled the student in the same way as the others and not through a program.

Do you know how else they would show up as not started apart from making them available through aprogram

Thanks Stephen

me
by George Angus - Sunday, 6 January 2013, 4:30 PM
Group Totara

Hi Stephen,

There could be a variety of factors contributing to this problem depending on what your Course Completion criteria are. Have a look at the Completion tracking for a course which shows as started, and one which shows as not.

Also the Course Completion report for each of the courses worth looking at:

Home>category>course>reports>course completion

If its still unclear could you forward me screenshots of each and Ill have a look?

regards,

George.