Best practice forum (Archived)

program configuration

Matthew Lee
program configuration
by Matthew Lee - Monday, 14 January 2013, 1:35 PM

I've got a customer trying to do something, but I'm not sure it can be done. They want to have a program with 5 courses in it. The first course and the fifth course are required and need to be completed, but the middle 3 are  not required. Is it possible to configure a program like this? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Craig Eves
Re: program configuration
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 14 January 2013, 3:36 PM
Group Totara

Hi Matt

It does seem possible to include the same course in a different course set for a program.

My suggestion is to include the two compulsory courses in one course set and select learner must complete all courses.

Then create a course set with the non compulsory and compulsory courses in them and use the or in the drop down box.

I think this would result in the non compulsory courses being assigned by the program as well as the compulsory courses and completion of the program when the two compulsory courses are completed. If you want course 1 to be completed before course 5 you can create another course set and use the then between course 1 and 5. I haven't tested this out but hopefully this will provide whats required without any issues.

Craig

Matthew Lee
Re: program configuration
by Matthew Lee - Monday, 14 January 2013, 5:41 PM

That makes sense and I agree, I think that will work. Thanks for the tip.

Matt