Best practice forum (Archived)

Suspending users with Totara sync

Theresa Sharp
Suspending users with Totara sync
by Theresa Sharp - Friday, 8 March 2013, 3:41 AM

Hi,

Is there a standard column in Totara sync that can be used to mark a user as suspended, rather than deleting the user?

Also, is there a standard way to choose to display or not display suspended users in reports, or is that just done using a custom field at the moment?

Thanks,

Theresa

me
Re: Suspending users with Totara sync
by George Angus - Sunday, 10 March 2013, 2:29 PM
Group Totara

Hi Theresa,

The "suspend" feature is not currently available in Totara Sync, however after a discussion with the developers I have submitted an enhancement request.

The "suspend" column is not avaiable in the user report at the moment, again I have brought this up with the devs. It is possible to use "Suspended account" in  Browse list of users (advanced) under site admin>accounts.

Just to be clear - when a user is deleted the user profile data is retained by Totara.

hope this is useful,

regards,

George.

Theresa Sharp
by Theresa Sharp - Tuesday, 12 March 2013, 6:13 AM

Hi George,

Thanks for the information.

So just to confirm, if a user is deleted rather than suspended in Totara 2, do they always stay visible in the site with the 'undelete' option available in the interface to re-enable them to get to their training history etc?

Thanks,

Theresa

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 12 March 2013, 3:36 PM
Group Totara

Hi Theresa,

Yes & at the moment they do stay visible, there is work underway by a partner to filter out deleted users but Im not clear on when this will be completed.

regards,

George.