Best practice forum (Archived)

Easily show users the Program that they need to complete

Bodo Hoenen
Easily show users the Program that they need to complete
by Bodo Hoenen - Wednesday, 13 March 2013, 10:01 AM

Hello

I have a question about possible ways to show users the programs they have been enrolled in and the courses they need to complete on their My Home Page

Here is the scenario:

1. I have a bunch of users that are assigned to a program through a dynamic audience.
  2. These users are auto enrolled into the program as expected.
  3. I want to now show users via their my home page the program they are assigned to. 
Another related question:
  1. If a user is enrolled into a course through a program, the course does not show in their My Courses section until after they launch the course for the first time. What was thinking behind this, why can the user not see courses that they have access to via a program in their my courses section, until after they first launch it?
Regards
Bodo
me
Re: Easily show users the Program that they need to complete
by George Angus - Wednesday, 13 March 2013, 3:57 PM
Group Totara

Hi Bodo,

This isnt possible at the moment; it is something we are working on. The assigned programs will appear under the learner's Required Learning tab.The Learner will also be emailed program details when they are enrolled but they only actually become enrolled in the course when they launch it - this is why it doesnt show in My Courses.

regards,

George.

Yuliya Bozhko
Re: Easily show users the Program that they need to complete
by Yuliya Bozhko - Thursday, 8 August 2013, 3:04 PM

Hi Bodo,

Regarding programs and courses, users are technically not enrolled in a course until they visit it. When you add course to a program, all it does is it adds program enrolment plugin to a course. So, when a user visits the course, plugin checks if the user is supposed to have access and enrols the user into the course.

Yuliya

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 8 August 2013, 11:06 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.