Best practice forum (Archived)

Multiple quizzes

Melissa Patterson
Multiple quizzes
by Melissa Patterson - Sunday, 21 April 2013, 4:10 PM

We have Totara (version 1.1.21 Build 20120926.0).

We have setup multiple quizzes in a course and we got one of our trainers to do one of the quizzes so that we can see what the results would look like and to ensure functionality is working (ie. over-ride certain answers and marks etc).

For some reason the trainers results have not been saved and are not showing in 'results'. Help please?

Craig Eves
Re: Multiple quizzes
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 21 April 2013, 4:57 PM
Group Totara

Hi Melissa

The trainer role by default is not a graded role so won't show in the gradebook - the trainer is previewing the quiz.

The default role for being included in gradebook is the Learner role.

You can add this person as a learner in the course through assign roles or create a dummy learner user. It is possible to delete attempts once finished testing.

Craig

Melissa Patterson
by Melissa Patterson - Sunday, 21 April 2013, 6:48 PM

Sorry, Craig maybe I shouldn't have used the word 'trainer'.  When I say trainer I am referring to their job title not their profile in Totara.

This trainer was set up as a Learner role.  Any idea where to from here?

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 21 April 2013, 7:20 PM
Group Totara

Hi Melissa

OK you can still check that learners have the default settings under graded roles and show gradebook to students , yes under site administration.

Is the Quiz a Totara quiz or a SCORM object if it is a SCORM there are publishing settings in the SCORM that need to be correctly done.

Other things to check are does the user have two roles trainer and learner - and check quiz is being submitted.

I can't think of any other things that might be causing this but there probably are.

Craig