Best practice forum (Archived)

Scorm 1.2-HTML5 Scroll blocks over Mobie devices

Pablo Piquemilh
Scorm 1.2-HTML5 Scroll blocks over Mobie devices
by Pablo Piquemilh - Friday, 26 April 2013, 11:06 AM
Group Partners

Hello :

We have the next issue Over Totara.

The issue is with the frames of Moodle & Totara, which block the internal scroll of the Scorm over Mobile devices, so you can't see the complete screens.

We have tested on the last version of Totara

If any one knowshow can we solve this issue?

Previously we implemented a mobile theme, but there was no improvement.

Are you able to provide us any option or alternative.

me
Re: Scorm 1.2-HTML5 Scroll blocks over Mobie devices
by George Angus - Wednesday, 1 May 2013, 5:12 PM
Group Totara

Hi Pablo,

We believe this is and issue with the SCORM itself, namely the resising settings. Can you ensure they are enabled? If you are still having problems please send me a copy of the SCORM.

regards,

George.

Pablo Piquemilh
by Pablo Piquemilh - Friday, 3 May 2013, 1:01 PM
Group Partners

There is no content issue, because we can see it well via plainlaunch over mobile devices, we mean with this, that with out using an lms player via Scorm, our content adapt well to mobile device theme.

I share to you  a direct access  to a plainlaunch course (with out LMS) so you can see the content adjust well to your mobile device.  http://www.aurainteractiva.net/ftp/Implementacion/Totara/app.html ( this content has being verified on mobile devices with IOS4, Windows 8 and Andorid 4.0.

Otherwise we share to you an access to the content via Totara LMS ( we have also tested on Moodle v 2.3 & 2.4) with similar results. So you will see a scrollbar when you launch it over Mobile device. And tthe content doesn't adapt so well to your mobile device screen. http://test.aurainteractiva.net/totara2/login/index.php (I'll send your user and pwd by mail)

me
by George Angus - Monday, 6 May 2013, 7:23 PM
Group Totara

Hi Pablo,

Can you send a copy of the SCORM - we couldnt open the "frame at the LMS" as no file type.

regards,

George.

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 7 May 2013, 8:21 PM
Group Totara

Hi Pablo,

This is a bug & IVe filed a bug report. We'll get back to you in due course.

regards,

George.

Pablo Piquemilh
by Pablo Piquemilh - Friday, 10 May 2013, 9:10 AM
Group Partners

George I really appreciate your help.

Please keep me informed when you get news.

Do you know why do we present this issue on versions 2.2 and not on versions based on 1.9. (1.1 Totara)

Thanks

Pablo

me
by George Angus - Sunday, 12 May 2013, 6:39 PM
Group Totara

Hi Pablo,

There were significant changes to the SCORM handling in 2.2 so this is the most likely cause.

cheers,

George.

Nathan Lewis
by Nathan Lewis - Wednesday, 29 May 2013, 2:10 PM
Group Totara

Hi Pablo.

Sorry for the delay. I started working on this since last week. I found problems with scorm on desktop (both inline and popup) so I've been trying to fix that as well. I've come up with a partial solution for mobile, but it's not elegant. In mod/scorm/style.css you can specify a total width and height for all scorms on your site. As long as a scorm is within these values, it will be rendered with white space filling in the unused area along the bottom and right edges.

The patches still have to go through our internal testing, but hopefully they'll be included in the next Totara releases. Please have a look at them and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan Lewis
by Nathan Lewis - Tuesday, 11 June 2013, 2:21 PM
Group Totara

Hi Pablo.

The patches went into Totara releases 2.2.19 and 2.4.3. As I said, it's not a perfect solution, but I think it's sufficient given the limitations. It looked quite reasonable and useable on an iPad. Please try them out and let me know if you still have any problems.

Nathan

Pablo Piquemilh
by Pablo Piquemilh - Tuesday, 11 June 2013, 3:50 PM
Group Partners

Hello Nathan:

Thank you very much!

We will try this with the Totara versions you suggested us. And based on the content we have shared to you.

Once We get results I'll share them with you.

I take this opportunity to mention we have added some new HMTL5 templates to our Auhoring Tool and doing some tests with that new content,  we get some intermitence situation with some of the new screens when we launch the course over LMS, let me finish testing the first situation now fixed, then I'll share to you the new case.

Regards