Best practice forum (Archived)

Assignment garde/review report - Need Help!!

Syed M
Assignment garde/review report - Need Help!!
by Syed M - Saturday, 18 May 2013, 4:49 AM

Hi,

I have spent hours figuring out how I can modify this report and I am not able to.

What I need seems simple but I cannot find a solution for it - I need to be able to show a user's organization and position in their own respective columns for a specific assignment garding/review report. I am not talking about the reports from report manager but the report/grading screen which can be accessed by directly clicking on the assignement (the one which is used by trainers to grade sumbissions or leave feedback for an assignment).

I am attaching a screenshot below where I have used a text submission assignment - What I need is to be able to view the user organization and position so that the trainer can identiy from which organization the learner is from. Does that make sense?

Assignment grading screen

PS: I was able to show moodle's user profile fields here like instituion and department from Site administration -> user -> Permission -> user policies and checking fields from "Show user identity" section but this does not serve our purpose as the organization and positions are listed in the Totara Hierarchies.

Is there any alternative or any way to show user organizations and positions here?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Syed

me
Re: Assignment garde/review report - Need Help!!
by George Angus - Sunday, 19 May 2013, 7:55 PM
Group Totara

Hi Syed,

The best option available at the moment I think is to use a report, under the report manager, based on Course Completion to cross reference with the one above. There is no other way around it present.

regards,

George.

Syed M
by Syed M - Monday, 20 May 2013, 8:12 AM

Hi George,

Thank you for your response. Using the reports from report manger and cross referecing would be easy if we had a few courses. But this will be a task for trainers here - as we have many courses and users.

After a bit of brainstorming, I am thinking - what if we use a default Moodle user field - Like "Institution" and "Department"and rename these field labels using language customization to "Organization" and "Position" and using the same Totara Hierierchy setup to populate these fields. This way the organization and postions is visible for the trainers here and it's easier to sort throught the learners in the assignment submission grading view.

The only additional step I think we would need to do is to duplicate the "Organization" and "Postions" data and upload the users using totara sync with the moodle fields populated.

Would there be any limitations if we go with this approach?

Kind Regards,

Syed

Alan Bradshaw
by Alan Bradshaw - Monday, 20 May 2013, 9:02 AM

Sounds like a great idea. As long as you are always using Sync to update users' details this should make it straightforward to maintain both fields together.

I think it may also be possible to hide or lock these fields (institution & dept) to prevent users changing them, but right now I can't remember where the setting is. Or you could create custom profile fields for this purpose which should also be possible to show in the report.

Syed M
by Syed M - Monday, 20 May 2013, 9:36 AM

Thanks Alan. Sounds like this is a safe approach.

I tried creating custom profile fields but by default you can only show

• id number
  • email address
  • phone
  • mobile phone
  • department
  • institution

This is under users->permissions->user policies

So any custom profile fields created doesnt show here and no option to display them on the assignment grading/feedback report view. It can only be populated in a report under report builder.

Hence the thought of renaming two of the fields above and showing user organization and position in this report.

Kind Regards,

Syed