Best practice forum (Archived)

La discussione è stata rimossa.

L'intervento è stato rimosso
Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 06:41
Il contenuto di questo intervento è stato rimosso, non è più possibile visualizzarlo.
me
Re: Reoccurring Program and how to make it work
di George Angus - Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 17:19
Gruppo Totara

Hi Chris,

The "Due date" is designed for a one-off date which designates the end of the Program - in the case of a recurring Program this is redundant. The date you are seeing is the complete by date - the date specified by the "minimum time required"  under the program content tab. As for your problem with the 2-day test, I think if you change the repeat to 3 days you'll avoid the conflict with time completion and the course re-creation. Its a gnarly one I know! Do get back if any more queries.

hope this is useful.

regards,

George.

Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 19:21
Il contenuto di questo intervento è stato rimosso, non è più possibile visualizzarlo.
me
di George Angus - Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 20:48
Gruppo Totara

Hi Chris,

Dont be worried by the due date - it will vary for each individual assigned, what you can do is add an dynamic audience to the recurring program and then use the completion criteria to specify when you want the course to present. Say an audience consisting of a certain department who have to do the course with a year of their start date.

So create the audience (specify its dynamic) and  use the rule sets to specify what criteria (say organisation) then add the audience to the program and under Complete in the assignments specify fisrt login, or position start date etc. etc.

Hope this helps,

George.

Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 21:15
me
di George Angus - Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 21:39
Gruppo Totara

Hi Amir,

I can see there would be problems concerning the creation of the new course - I think though it would be possible to batch users in the audience apporpriately using rulesets and avoid it.

cheers,

George.

Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 22:03
Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 22:08
Thursday, 23 May 2013, 14:55
Friday, 24 May 2013, 07:38
me
di George Angus - Sunday, 26 May 2013, 17:15
Gruppo Totara

Thanks for this Amir.