Best practice forum (Archived)

Chase/reminder messages

Michelle Naylor
Chase/reminder messages
by Michelle Naylor - Wednesday, 19 June 2013, 3:05 AM

Hi all,

I am looking for some help with a few questions I have regarding chase/reminder e-mails.

We have recently had our LMS upgraded to 2.2.

We have some compliance e-learning’s within our LMS and will be assigning a target audience to the e-learning’s.  The e-learning will be available from the 1st July and needs to be completed by the 30th September.  I have a number of questions I would love some help with.

• Can we send out chase emails from the LMS to individual users at different intervals, say every 2 weeks?
  • Can the LMS identify who has not yet completed the e-learning and send a ‘chase/reminder’ e-mail/message?
  • Is there a maximum amount of messages we can send to the users?
  • Can we customise each email/message to read slightly different:
    • e.g. the first mail to say hey, you need to compete by XXXX
    • The second to say you have not completed yet
    • The third to say, you only have until xxxx to complete this
    • The fourth to say this needs urgent attention and must be completed by xxx or something along those lines

I really would like some guidance on this one if you are able to help/support in anyway.  I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks

me
Re: Chase/reminder messages
by George Angus - Wednesday, 19 June 2013, 9:17 PM
Group Totara

Hi Michelle,

If you look under the messages tab in Programs, in particular the drop down box at the foot of the page, you should find everything you need.  

regards,

George

Michelle Naylor
by Michelle Naylor - Thursday, 20 June 2013, 11:12 PM

Hi Grorge,

Thank you for your reply. 

Your message relates to a program.  Is this functionality not available for an individual e-Learning course?

Many Thanks

me
by George Angus - Sunday, 23 June 2013, 4:12 PM
Group Totara

Hi Michelle,

Yes - its program functionality - but its easy enough just to have only one course within a program to use the messageing, it makes no odds from the users persepective.

hope this is helpful,

George.