Best practice forum (Archived)

Request fo Testimonials of Successful HRIS Integrations

? ?
Request fo Testimonials of Successful HRIS Integrations
by ? ? - Tuesday, 2 July 2013, 12:36 PM

I am looking for examples of successful integrations between Totara and third party HRIS systems (human resource information systems, or HRMS OR HRM). I am attempting to build a case for a potential TotaraLMS client and in order for them to build their own case for Totara they just want some examples. If you anyone has a success story to tell and don't mind if I share it, please share it here with the Totara community. Any additional details would be helpful, such as third party connectors in use (SnapLogic, Boomi, etc), specific HRIS product, Totara customizations, etc.

Thank you!

Pablo Piquemilh
Re: Request fo Testimonials of Successful HRIS Integrations
by Pablo Piquemilh - Tuesday, 2 July 2013, 12:55 PM
Group Partners

I´m just near to build a succesful case about Block Buster in Mexico employing Totara LMS in this particular case employing syncronization betweem Totra LMS and their Internal data base HR System, if it helps you they will be available to participate in a Web conference soon and talk about their experience.

We also make with Totara  send information back that they integrate to their internal HR System.

? ?
by ? ? - Sunday, 7 July 2013, 8:08 PM

Thank you Pablo!

? ?
by ? ? - Sunday, 7 July 2013, 8:24 PM

Pablo: Thank you for responding. The particular client I am working with has needs very similar to what you have mentioned, however they insist upon an API in order to perform HR synchronization as well as for pulling course completions via API. As you may know, TotaraLMS does not have API/web-services wrapping features such as "Totara Hierarchies" (ie positions, organizations, user/manager mappings) and course completions. Does your client intend to use API/web-services features, or some other method such as direct database query or other Totara customizations? If your project goes the route of API my client would be very interested in hearing from them. One of the things holding them back from Totara at the moment is lack of "testimonial" indicating that others have done what they want to do. We are fully prepared to have the necessary APIs' developed, but I want to give this client some peace of mind so that we can move forward.