Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 18 July 2013, 9:34 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Kitty Marshall
Re: Competencies / Positions
by Kitty Marshall - Thursday, 18 July 2013, 5:05 PM

Hi Billy - we've set Learning Plan as default on our system, which either Admin or manager can create - so all they need to do is create a Plan to see the automatically populated comp sets - but we've also provided hard copies of the competency and related position and organisation frameworks for managers (published on a page we set up for managers, as well as an emailed document) - ie. transposed what's in the hierarchies into Word tables (or you could use screen shots of the comp and role sets, but this gets a bit complicated transposing between the position hierarchy, the comps hierarchy, and the related course sets - which is why I did the tables instead).

As far as I know, the only other way they could see these would be to be  assigned Administrator - unless there's a new feature?

Regards

Kitty

me
by George Angus - Thursday, 18 July 2013, 5:07 PM
Group Totara

Hi Billy,

The user and the manager should be able to see them too in the Learning plan.

regards,

George.

This forum post has been removed
Friday, 19 July 2013, 1:28 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
David
by David Shaw - Friday, 19 July 2013, 1:59 AM

Hi Billy,

If you set up the learning plans to allow the learner to add/approve their own content they could add a new plan for their aspirational position then they can browse the competency hierarchy and add these to their plan. 

David