Best practice forum (Archived)

La discussione è stata rimossa.

L'intervento è stato rimosso
Friday, 12 July 2013, 07:00
Il contenuto di questo intervento è stato rimosso, non è più possibile visualizzarlo.
? ?
Re: Course enrollment with the consent of the manager
di ? ? - Friday, 12 July 2013, 08:48

Hi Martin,

The Learning Plan could work for this. Add the learner into a learning plan with a Manager driven workflow, or a customised worklfow restricting the learner from adding items. Then if courses are added a notification will go to their manager for approval.

Use the Learning Plan enrolment method in these courses.

Andy

L'intervento è stato rimosso
Friday, 12 July 2013, 09:08
Il contenuto di questo intervento è stato rimosso, non è più possibile visualizzarlo.
me
di George Angus - Sunday, 14 July 2013, 16:21
Gruppo Totara

Hi Vera,

First off dont apologise for using the forums for asking questions as thats exactly what they are for. If you could let me know what version you are using and fill me in a bit more about what exactly you want to do I'll be able to help.

regards,

George.

Easter Island / Rapa Nui
di Russell England - Friday, 31 January 2014, 07:10

Hiya Andy

Greetings from Belgium :D

I'm looking for something similar - a user can see all of the courses, self enrols on the course but a manager needs to approve the enrolment before the user can continue. Just wondering if this is possible in Totara?

There is a Moodle plugin but haven't checked it out yet - https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=enrol_apply

Cheers, Russ

Markus Du Plessis
di Markus Du Plessis - Tuesday, 13 September 2016, 00:42

Hi

I have also come across this request from a customer. 

The Learner can request enrolment to a course->The linked manager will receive a approval request-> The learner's linked manager will approve/decline the request->The manager will receive a notification or outcome->If approved, the learner can then continue with the course.

The suggested plugin alerts the system admin of the request and not the linked learner's manager.  The system admin also does the approval.

The Learning Plan option seems like a good idea.  However it requires the learner to create a learning plan and enter some dates, add courses/competencies/objectives/programs.  I am concerned that the maintenance part of the Learning plan might cause issues and data maintenance. I suppose that with some training/guides the learners can be shown how to use the facility. 

A straight Request and approval option would however still be preferred.  This functionality is available in our customer's previous system (SumTotal) and they expect the same functionality. 

It would be appreciated if there is a plugin already developed that could be shared and enable the functionality.

Craig Eves
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 13 September 2016, 16:17
Gruppo Totara

Hi Markus

There are some options with Learning Plans that make them easier to manage - auto-creating selected learning plans through an audience as a draft may be suitable in your situation. 

See https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TL29/Managing+Learning+Plans for some of the options available.

regards