Best practice forum (Archived)

Course Completion and Grading

Joe Gange
Course Completion and Grading
by Joe Gange - Sunday, 18 August 2013, 5:28 PM
Group Partners

I have created a course with a graded activity (a quiz) that I am testing. When I complete the quiz, I see the activity is marked as completed. However, the course does not show as complete. I have tried several different things to get the course to show completed but I can't seem find the proper method to do that. What I am trying to achieve is a course where a learner reads some material and then is tested with a quiz at the end. Once the learner achieves a passing grade on the quiz, the course should be marked completed. I intend to build a program with additional courses using the same format.

Thanks for the help!

David Curry (Core Developer)
Re: Course Completion and Grading
by David Curry (Core Developer) - Sunday, 18 August 2013, 9:27 PM
Group Totara

Hey Joe,

I'd have to see the course completion criteria on the courses completion tracking page to be certain, but off hand I think its worth mentioning that course completion are run off of the cron and aren't instantaneous. If you have your quiz ticked under the activities completed heading (Settings Block > Course Administration > Completion Tracking), and to be safe set the activities and overall aggregation methods to 'any'. Then the course should be automatically marked as complete on the next cron run after the quiz is completed.

Hope that helps
David