Best practice forum (Archived)

Progress Bar not Showing

Gunawan Setiono
Progress Bar not Showing
by Gunawan Setiono - Monday, 16 September 2013, 1:56 AM

Our scenario:

Manager create a learning plan for his team member to follow a course. Then, learner launch his course and learn the course until finish (got thick mark). But the progress doesn’t appear on his learning plan. The learning report also doesn’t change. What’s wrong with my setting? How to set the completion status, so the manager can see their team progress? I have tried with various type of format and activity, but it still failed. Any idea?

Thanks

me
Re: Progress Bar not Showing
by George Angus - Tuesday, 17 September 2013, 4:35 PM
Group Totara

Hi Gunawan,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. This could be the completion cron which is usually run overnight to minimise performance issues, can you tell me if you are still experiencing these issues?

regards,

George.

Gunawan Setiono
by Gunawan Setiono - Wednesday, 18 September 2013, 7:22 PM

Hi George, thanks for reply

I still facing these issue. I click the progress bar to see the breakdown of what to do to complete the course but the criteria is not completed even I did the criteria (I attached the pics below).

Ay idea? It's a bug ? Or it should works fine? For your info, I did tried in sandpit.totaralms.com and the result is the same, the course progress bar not showing. Thanks :)

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 18 September 2013, 7:41 PM
Group Totara

Hi Gunawan,

What you need to do is add a Self-completion Block on the course page. If you go to the course as Admin, turn editing on (top right of screen) then in Add a Block use the dropdown to add "Self Completion" this means the user is then able to meet the completion criterea "Self Completion" by clicking it.

hope this is useful,

regards,

George.

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 18 September 2013, 9:40 PM
Group Totara

Hi Gunawan,

Ive been looking into the "Days after enrolment" setting, and it works as expected - have you been running cron? (admin>server>cron Execute)

regards,

George.

Gunawan Setiono
by Gunawan Setiono - Monday, 23 September 2013, 3:19 AM

Hi George, Sorry for my late reply. It works great! Both criterias completed as you directed. But i have more question, how to auto run the cron job ? Thanks a lot

me
by George Angus - Monday, 23 September 2013, 2:28 PM
Group Totara

Hi Gunawan,

Go to Site admin>Server>Cron>  Execute (for manual run)

You can find some guidance here -   yoursite/INSTALL.txt 

And here: http://help.totaralms.com/Cron.htm

regards,

George.