Best practice forum (Archived)

Audience rule assignments based on country

Matthew Lee
Audience rule assignments based on country
by Matthew Lee - Friday, 6 September 2013, 11:44 AM

Hi everyone

We are seeing something strange and we are trying to figure out if its a bug or something we are doing incorrectly on our end. We are working with a customer that wants to create audiences based on the users geographic region. For example, they have a rule that says "if country equals Brazil then assign to South America", south america being the audience name. Once they set this up, they were expecting to see about 100 or so people but its showing 3700, with users clearly from other countries. Here is a note from our technical person:

They don't seem to work for the Country field at all. I did a bunch of digging last night. You can attach a "&debug=1" to the URL when viewing a rule and it will print out the query for you. They don't make any sense, they look as if they are finding people who ARENT in the country (and it doesnt matter which way you set the rule). It seems to effect standard user fields. Rules seem to work for custom fields and program/org fields from what I can tell.

So, can anyone tell me if this is a bug? Will it be fixed? Is there a work around for now? Are we missing something?

thank you for any help you can provide.

Matt

me
Re: Audience rule assignments based on country
by George Angus - Sunday, 8 September 2013, 3:50 PM
Group Totara

Hi Matt,

Thanks for bringing this up - its definitely a bug and there should be a fix for the next release 17th Sept.

regards,

George.