Best practice forum (Archived)

Course Bulk Upload for Totara

Gunawan Setiono
Course Bulk Upload for Totara
by Gunawan Setiono - Wednesday, 6 November 2013, 12:21 AM

Hello,

I would like to upload many courses, is there any ways to bulk upload courses like user bulk upload feature ? I am searching for the plugins but it may not be compatible with totara since totara may have a different Database structure from moodle. Anyone has done the course bulk upload in totara ? thanks

me
Re: Course Bulk Upload for Totara
by George Angus - Wednesday, 6 November 2013, 12:30 PM
Group Totara

Hi Gunawan,

There isnt anything which can do it at the moment - what kind of courses have you in mind & how would you envisage the process?

regards,

George.

Gunawan Setiono
by Gunawan Setiono - Thursday, 7 November 2013, 6:01 PM

I would like to upload our user's data and our courses that we already have. The user data can be easily uploaded via 'user bulk upload' feature and it works great. But we find difficuties in uploading courses, we need to upload so many courses that impossible to upload it one by one. Is there any chance to upload courses via sql queries or script ? Thanks George

me
by George Angus - Thursday, 7 November 2013, 7:50 PM
Group Totara

Hi Gunawan,

Have a look at this: http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Bulk_course_upload

My understanding is it will be part of Moodle core in 2.6

cheers,

George.

Gunawan Setiono
by Gunawan Setiono - Thursday, 7 November 2013, 11:17 PM

Yes we already looked at the page you mentioned. It said that the documentation is for Moodle 2.2, but we didn't find it, in the other hand we know that Moodle 2.6 will have new feature to allow bulk course upload. Is the any plan for Totara to adopt Moodle 2.6 after the release ?

? ?
by ? ? - Friday, 8 November 2013, 4:38 AM

Hi Gunawan,

Totara will adopt the Moodle 2.6 when we release Totara 2.6.

Andy

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 18 November 2013, 1:35 PM

I can vouch for this tool in Totara 2.4: https://github.com/piersharding/moodle-tool_uploadcourse

I have used it on several occasions in Totara, for exactly the need you describe.