Best practice forum (Archived)

New user account create date/time stamp

Peter Tiziani
New user account create date/time stamp
by Peter Tiziani - Monday, 25 November 2013, 3:31 PM

Hi,

I have asked this question before but as of yet have not had a clear answer on if this is possible. We are using email-based self registration on our site. Is is possible for me to set a date range for when new accounts were created? We are using programs and audiences. I'd like to simply know when a user created their account and not when they have started the course program.

I am familiar with bulk user actions where it allows me to check "first accessed" and "before" to set a date range.

Is there a better method in the totara reports section? I am looking for the most exact why to report when new accounts are created and this shouldn't be tied to if the user is enrolled into a program. ;

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Peter

Simon Coggins
Re: New user account create date/time stamp
by Simon Coggins - Monday, 25 November 2013, 3:57 PM
Group Totara

Hi Peter,

As of Totara 2.2.10 it was possible to restrict the "user" report source via the "Content" tab to only show users created before/after a certain date.

As of Totara 2.5.0 the user creation time is available as a column and filter option along with the other user data in report sources.

It is not currently possible to create an audience based on user creation date (only first login or most recent login).

Simon

Peter Tiziani
Re: New user account create date/time stamp
by Peter Tiziani - Wednesday, 27 November 2013, 6:46 AM

Hi Simon,

Thanks for this information! It definitely helps me a lot.

Peter