Best practice forum (Archived)

Reporting learner usage for multiple courses in one report

Fiona Cashmore
Reporting learner usage for multiple courses in one report
by Fiona Cashmore - Wednesday, 13 November 2013, 11:41 AM

We have a series of 100 e-learning modules sourced from an external provider and I need to run usage reports on them. I have tagged them all with the provider's name. All the reports I've found only allow selection of a single course or activity within a single course. Is there a way I can build a single report to tell how many people have viewed/participated in 100 courses? 

We're not worried about completion as users tend to pop into the modules for specific topics and don't always go through the whole thing. In saying that, if we can't get an appropriate usage report on view/participation then completion would be the next best bet.

Thanks.

me
Re: Reporting learner usage for multiple courses in one report
by George Angus - Wednesday, 13 November 2013, 1:41 PM
Group Totara

Hi Fiona,

Would the report Source "Record of Learning: Courses" do the job?

regards,

George.

Fiona Cashmore
by Fiona Cashmore - Wednesday, 13 November 2013, 4:04 PM

Hi George,

Not sure if I'm explaining incorrectly but I need it for all staff usage of all courses. I've system admin access but when I access Record of Learning: Courses, it only gives me results for me. I can't seem to find a field to identify same info for all users. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Fiona

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 13 November 2013, 5:38 PM
Group Totara

Hi Fiona,

So Site admin>Reports>Report builder>Manage reports>New Report  set source as Record of Learning: Courses

Then edit the fields. To pull actual stats from this you'd have to export to a spreasheet.

G.

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 13 November 2013, 7:46 PM
Group Totara

Hi Fiona,

Id check the settings under the Content tab.

G.