Best practice forum (Archived)

Embedding Reports

Liz Katz
Embedding Reports
by Liz Katz - Thursday, 21 November 2013, 4:15 PM

Hello,

I'd like to use a couple reports as general resources for my users. However, I don't want them to appear in a My Reports menu and I don't want general users to have the My Reports menu item become visible.  

More specifically....

• I want users to be able to access custom participant lists based on the location where they work.
  • The logical thing seems to be to use the Custom Report feature to create report.
  • I give everyone access to this report.
  • A My Reports menu now appears for everyone with that 'report'

Problem: A user would not view a contact list as a "report." Also, I don't want to have the My Reports Menu appear since this contact list this is the only 'report' most would have access to. 

I can't get rid of the My Reports menu altogether because managers do have several reports they need to access. 

Thoughts and ideas?

Thank you!

Liz

Simon Coggins
Re: Embedding Reports
by Simon Coggins - Thursday, 21 November 2013, 4:35 PM
Group Totara

If you look on the "General" tab when editing the report there is an option "Hide in My Reports". If you check that box then the report won't appear under "My Reports" or in the Report Builder block. However the report is still accessible to users with permissions if they know the URL.

You could either email them a link to the report or maybe setup a block that displays a direct link.

Hope that helps,

Simon

Liz Katz
Re: Embedding Reports
by Liz Katz - Thursday, 21 November 2013, 4:58 PM

FABulous!

I have them in a menu. 

Thanks!

Liz