Best practice forum (Archived)

Certifications + audiences = almost brilliant

Tim Newham
Certifications + audiences = almost brilliant
by Tim Newham - Tuesday, 19 November 2013, 1:38 AM
Group Partners

But, there's just one change that would let us do what we need.

Scenario: we have mandatory training rules where an indivdual needs to do some learning every year to certify, and they can either take a F2F or e-learning route. HOWEVER, they cannot do e-learning twice in a row (i.e. if I do e-learning this year, I have to do F2F next year).

My initial idea was: a recertification route containing both F2F and e-learning activities, but then use audiences to retrict access based on course completion. Create an audience called "done e-learning" and hide e-learning course from them, so they're forced to do the F2F route to recertification. But to do this, I need relative dates in the "rule set - by course completion". I need, for example, "completed course within 1 year of [today] and less then 2 years of [today], whereas today I can only do this by absolute date (completed before dd/mm/yyyy).

Unless anyone can think of another way to achieve my aim?

If not, then can this be added to the future development list?

Thanks,

Tim

This forum post has been removed
Tuesday, 19 November 2013, 12:33 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Tim Newham
Re: Certifications + audiences = almost brilliant
by Tim Newham - Wednesday, 20 November 2013, 11:39 AM
Group Partners

Hi Liz, that's a really good idea, thanks! I'll give it a go. I'd forgotten about metacourses in all the "Totara programs" excitement of earlier in the year.

It sounds like you and I are on similar learning curves for Certifications too, though you may well be a bit ahead of me! Happy to share ideas offline too, if you like.

Best wishes,

Tim