Best practice forum (Archived)

Relocate button "Create new account"

Tom T.
Relocate button "Create new account"
by Tom T. - Monday, 2 December 2013, 5:58 AM

Hi to all,

How can I Relocate button "Create new account" from the right side of the login page? I want the button under the username and pass fields and "Forgotten your username or password?"

How can it be done via totara gui or even how and where to put the code if it is not possible the other way but through coding?

Tom T.
Re: Relocate button "Create new account"
by Tom T. - Tuesday, 3 December 2013, 5:27 AM

Anybody?

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 3 December 2013, 2:28 PM
Group Totara

Hi Tom,

Apologies for the delay, the only way to do this would be to customise the code.

regards,

George.

Tom T.
by Tom T. - Tuesday, 3 December 2013, 10:59 PM

Thank you for your answer. I believe so, yes. Can you tell me which php file is that and where exactly put the code?

Nathan Lewis
by Nathan Lewis - Wednesday, 4 December 2013, 12:26 PM
Group Totara

Hi Tom.

Email signup is done through a separate module from the login. When you see the login on the left and the email signup on the right, you're basically looking at two separate modules. As such, there's no one place to make a change if you want to change the code that generates the login page.

But I did think of a solution that works most of the time and might be satisfactory. With javascript on the client's computer, you should be able to move the form that contains the register button. I suggest including that js file from somewhere in the register module (I haven't investigated exactly where it is - I'd pretty much have to write the whole thing myself to find that answer, but if your programmer is capable of writing the code then they'll easily be able to figure out where it should go). In the js, locate the form with the button, remove the whole form from where it is now and insert it where you want it (be sure it isn't inserted inside another form or else you'll break things). Using this solution, if the user doesn't have js enabled then the button will remain where it is on the right.

I'm not a js expert, but from what I know I think it shouldn't be a lot of work to do, maybe a couple of hours to implement and test. You should get in contact with your Totara partner and ask them for help.

Nathan