Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Tuesday, 17 December 2013, 3:26 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
? ?
Re: Problems accessing Totara with different browsers & Missing the Basic Text Editing?
by ? ? - Tuesday, 17 December 2013, 3:18 PM

Hi Sam,

This is not normal Totara behaviour, we primarily develop in FIrefox and Chrome then test for IE problems, not the other way around :-)

A few questions that might eliminate the usual suspects - are you using a custom theme? Is Javascript enabled in your browsers? Are there any add-ons installed - I noticed a few months back that the Ghostery Firefox anti-spyware add-on tended to break a lot of different sites for me so I had to uninstall it. Check the file permissions on the server - it may possibly be that the web server is denied access to some folders so cannot serve the code properly to the browsers.

You (or your IT support guys) should also try installing and enabling Firebug - http://www.getfirebug.com on one of the Firefox browsers then seeing if you get any errors which might lead us in the right direction.

Tuesday, 17 December 2013, 3:43 PM
? ?
Re: Problems accessing Totara with different browsers & Missing the Basic Text Editing?
by ? ? - Tuesday, 17 December 2013, 4:18 PM

If it is a custom theme then it is possible that some CSS selectors in your theme have names that clash with selectors expected by some of the YUI and JQuery javascript code to set up things like the TinyMCE Editor, perhaps.

There should be some errors in the Firebug Console, Script and Net tabs, whatever the cause.

Wednesday, 18 December 2013, 11:34 PM