Best practice forum (Archived)

Face To Face ILT Issues

? ?
Face To Face ILT Issues
by ? ? - Friday, 27 December 2013, 10:29 AM

I want to report on a couple ILT activity issues that I am seeing in 2.5.4

1) When an ILT activity has access restrictions enabled, and those access restrictions are not satisfied (ie the activity is inaccessible to the learner), the "View all sessions" link is still visible to the learner within the ILT activity on the course page. The following screenshot demonstrates this, where the ILT activity is restricted and grayed out:

ILT activity with access restriction enabled and active

If the learner clicks View all sessions, they get the "sorry this activity is currently hidden message."

I propose that the view all sessions link be hidden when the activity is inaccessible to the learner. In addition, we should consider whether upcoming sessions should be displayed as well, if the "Sessions displayed on course page" is set to more than 0. Currently upcoming session information is displayed to the learner in the grayed out ILT activity.

2) When a single ILT session has multiple dates configured, the display of those dates/times/details is incorrect. The date is not matched up with the time, so the learner does not know which date goes with which time. (see screenshot)

ILT activity with multiple dates in a session, incorrectly displayed

It should be more like this:

29 August 2014, 11:35 AM - 12:35 PM (time zone: America/Chicago)

30 August 2014, 1:45 PM - 2:45 PM (time zone: America/Chicago)

3) When a user is signed up for multiple sessions in a single instance of an ILT activity, Totara only displays the most recently created session to the user on the course page, regardless of the "Sessions displayed on course page" setting. See the following screenshots, which show the ILT activity on the course page, and then the actual activities that the learner is signed up for:

ILT signed up for session display on course page

Learner Upcoming ILT sessions

Perhaps the user should see all of the signed-up-for sessions, or maybe this should be configurable within the ILT activity.

me
Re: Face To Face ILT Issues
by George Angus - Sunday, 29 December 2013, 3:31 PM
Group Totara

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for bringing these matters to our attention! 2) & 3) are bugs, Ive submitted a bug report for them. As for 1) have you set the "While access is prevented" ( bottom of restrict access section) to "Hide activity entirely"?

cheers,

George.

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 6 January 2014, 7:55 AM

Hi George, thanks for submitting those bugs.

For 1) I had the "While access is prevented" setting set to "show activity greyed-out with restriction information"

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 13 January 2014, 6:48 AM

I would argue that "view all sessions" should not be shown to the learner when the activity is hidden/grayed out. Because when the learner clicks this link within the ILT area on the course page, they are taken to a page that says effectively "you don't have permission to view this page." This is in regards to point 1) above.

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 13 January 2014, 1:33 PM

Hi Jamie,

I agree the "view all sessions" link should not be active to ordinary learners if the F2F is unavailable - though admins and editing teachers etc still need to be able to get in there. I'll get a patch into review.

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 20 January 2014, 9:01 PM

A fix for these issues was included in today's (21st January 2014) release of Totara 2.5.6

? ?
by ? ? - Thursday, 23 January 2014, 7:23 AM

Thanks Ciaran, I appreciate your work. I tested and it is better, however still one little issue I think.

When the F2F activity has "Sessions displayed on course page" to > 0, the "View all Sessions" link on the course page is not active/clickable to a learner.

When the F2F activity has "Sessions displayed on course page" to = 0, the "View all Sessions" link on the course page is still active/clickable.

Jamie

? ?
by ? ? - Thursday, 23 January 2014, 7:29 AM

As for the multi-date sessions, now if there is a multidate session it just says "multidata" after the first session date. Wondering if maybe instead of just saying multidate, if it would make better sense to list the dates in the session, more like it was originally but displayed in the correct order? See screenshots: