Best practice forum (Archived)

Messaging - amending standard text

Michelle Ames
Messaging - amending standard text
by Michelle Ames - Monday, 20 January 2014, 9:05 AM
Group Partners

Hi

Do you have a list of all the tags used in standard messaging - for example: %programfullname%

It would be useful to have a list in case amends need to be made to messaging areas to pull through other information dynamically.

Many thanks, Michelle

David Curry (Core Developer)
Re: Messaging - amending standard text
by David Curry (Core Developer) - Monday, 20 January 2014, 1:19 PM
Group Totara

Hey Michelle,

There is a list of all the currently available replacement variables on the programs messaging screen, in the help popup above the body input box. At the moment it there are only three, %userfullname% - the full name of the email recipient, %programfullname% - the full name of the program, and %setlabel% - the name of the course set.
There is an existing enhancement request to add %username% - the user name of the email recipient, %enrollmentmethod% - how the user got enrolled to the program (audience, position etc) , %completiondate% - the date the user completed the program, %managername% - the name of the recipients manager, %manageremail% - the email of the recipients manager. If you have any other replacement variables that you think would be good let me know and I'll add them to the enhancement request.
we are hoping to have some time to work on some of the minor enhancements like this soon now that we have gathered some feedback from community about which ones are more important. I'm hoping this one has made the list but I haven't seen the results yet.

Cheers,
David

Simon Coggins
Re: Messaging - amending standard text
by Simon Coggins - Thursday, 23 January 2014, 4:57 PM
Group Totara

It is 12th on the list, which is now available here:

https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=19000

Simon