Best practice forum (Archived)

Importing grade for coursehistory fails

? ?
Re: Importing grade for coursehistory fails
by ? ? - Tuesday, 25 February 2014, 9:27 AM

I am dealing with this exact thing Ciaran mentioned: "As for course completion via RPL overriding activity access restrictions, I've filed an enhancement request but there is a lot of debate over whether course completion imports should override activity access restrictions at all, and if so the best way to do it, so I wouldn't expect anything to happen on that in the short term."

I am going to be putting in a new topic soon about some enhancements we need to the course completion record import, and this is one of the areas we need to deal with.

One option I considered was, a configurable option that specifies "mark all activities as completed in the course"

Basically, learners with imported completion records need to have access to activities that have access restrictions enabled. For instance, in the normal course flow used, a scorm activity is not available until an ILT activity is complete. For users with imported completion records, those users would never be able to review the content in the Scorm activity. It is a requirement in this case that learners have access to the scorm to be able to review material contained within.

I have considered that perhaps some new options within activity access restrictions might be nice. For instance, "ignore activity access restrictions if user has completed this course."

In other cases, learners with imported completion records should not be able to interact with an activity. For example, the requirement is that learners with imported completion records should not be able to sign up for an ILT session or submit feedback in a feedback activity. In this case, perhaps an activity access restriction option for "restrict access if user has completed this course."