Best practice forum (Archived)

Expired Learning in Certifications

Steph Wild
Expired Learning in Certifications
by Steph Wild - Wednesday, 29 January 2014, 6:17 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi,

I'm working with certifications on version 2.5.5 and have found the following:

• When the 'Window open' date is reached the certification displays as 'Overdue' in Record of Learning - Certifications.  When the certification has expired then this word disappears.
  • Also when the certification has 'Expired' no 'Certificate due date' is listed in either Record of Learning - Certification or Required Learning.

Surely it would be more logical for 'Overdue' to appear only after the certification due date has passed and then in the 'Certificate due date' section?

Steph

David Curry (Core Developer)
Re: Expired Learning in Certifications
by David Curry (Core Developer) - Wednesday, 29 January 2014, 1:04 PM
Group Totara

Hey Steph,

There was a patch in Totara 2.5.6 last week fixing the recertification window being marked as overdue as soon as it opens. I see what you mean about the due date column for expired certifications, it just says "No Due Date". While that is technically correct, it does give the impression that they have all the time in the world to retake the certification instead of "This should have done this weeks/months ago, do it now". I'll get a patch in to change that for expired certifications, it should probably be in the next release (Totara 2.5.7) scheduled for Tuesday 4th of Feb.

Cheers,
David

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Thursday, 30 January 2014, 1:25 AM

Thanks David that's great. 

Steph

David Curry (Core Developer)
by David Curry (Core Developer) - Monday, 3 February 2014, 6:13 PM
Group Totara

Hey Steph,

I'm afraid the patch has missed the deadline for todays release, some issues came up during testing. I got it working for the view certification page but it wasn't covering all potential cases in the certification reports. Sorry about the delay, I'm still trying to sort it all out now. If it is urgent I can send you a diff file of the patch as soon as it has passed review, otherwise it should definitely make the next release in 2 weeks (Totara 2.5.8, 18th Feb).

Cheers,
David

This forum post has been removed
Tuesday, 4 February 2014, 1:51 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Tuesday, 4 February 2014, 2:33 AM

Hi David,

Thanks for letting me know I think we'll be alright until the next patch release but if it becomes urgent I'll let you know.

Steph

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 17 February 2014, 8:19 PM

A fix for this issue was included in today's (18th Feb 2014) release of Totara 2.5.8