Best practice forum (Archived)

Custom Totara Theme changes in 2.5.8

Daniel Bond
Custom Totara Theme changes in 2.5.8
by Daniel Bond - Tuesday, 25 February 2014, 5:48 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

For anyone who uses the Custom Totara theme, a small change appears to have been made in 2.5.8 which affects the way you override the colour of block titles.

Previous I would have used the following to change the colour of the block heading:

.block .header{background-color:#2D9AC3;}

This would set the colour of the whole heading, where as after 2.5.8 there is an area behind the title itself the same colour as the main heading background. To resolve this, you would now use:

.block .header, .block .header h2{background-color:#2D9AC3;}

It is of course possible that I was doing this incorrectly to start off with, and I am now doing it right (or possibly neither is actually how it should be done), but if anyone else was also doing it in the same way and had the problem this might help.

Dan

Brian Barnes (Core Developer)
Re: Custom Totara Theme changes in 2.5.8
by Brian Barnes (Core Developer) - Tuesday, 25 February 2014, 12:25 PM
Group Totara

Hi Dan,

Yes there was a change to the Custom Totara theme (T-11802 Fixed Customtotara Theme issue where certain background colours could make headings hard to read) that would have overwritten your CSS. This patch was added as it was possible to make the background color the same color as the text that would go on top of it (or at least very close to it).

One possible way of doing it could be to change the Header background color setting to #2D9AC3 (in Apperance > Themes > Custom Totara), but this would change the background color of the footer and header as well (and this may not be what you would desire).

Kind Regards,

Brian