Best practice forum (Archived)

SCORM - can it be marked completed manually by an administrator

Jenni Allison
SCORM - can it be marked completed manually by an administrator
by Jenni Allison - Tuesday, 25 March 2014, 10:38 PM

Hi, I am hoping someone might be able to point us in the right direction.  One of our business areas designed an SCORM module using a different provider than who we normally do.  They set the program pass to be 100% but it doesn't give anyone an idea of which or what questions they are getting wrong in the assessment.

The completion we set at our system level was:

1. Activity is required to be completed

2. Pass rate of 80% (this has since been taken off) as we weren't aware the module had is own pass rate requirement - and I have changed the grades to 100%

We have had 1 person complete successfully and a number who can't and are getting quite annoyed at this.  Is there anyway without unlocking the course completion, as this will affect those that have completed we can mark 1. off - as it appears the module only considers the course to be completed once you have successfully achieved 100%.

If any one has any suggestions I could try I would really appreciate it.  I have attached below a copy of what it looks like on their records.

Jenni

Tobias Pils
Re: SCORM - can it be marked completed manually by an administrator
by Tobias Pils - Wednesday, 26 March 2014, 6:38 AM

Hi Jenni,

What is your current Totara version?
If you want to see, what was tracked for the users' attempts click on the Reports tab in the activity - detailed infos are displayed if you click on the attempt number. Do you have anyone confident to look around in the database? The scorm_scoes_track table should contain everything that has been tracked.
Could you attach a screenshot of the Activity completion configuration of the SCORM activity?

Best regards,
Tobias

Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer)
Re: SCORM - can it be marked completed manually by an administrator
by Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer) - Sunday, 30 March 2014, 8:03 PM

In 2.5 you can unlock the Course completion criteria for editing without deleting the existing completion data, so you could unlock the course (not activity!) completion criteria, add Condition: Manual completion by others condition to allow e.g. Editing Trainers to manually mark the course as complete.

That will not be possible in 2.4 or earlier though.