Best practice forum (Archived)

Program Exception report - dismiss and take no action behavopur

Craig Eves
Program Exception report - dismiss and take no action behavopur
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 17 March 2014, 1:21 PM
Group Totara

When the dismiss and take no action is selected the user no longer appears in the exception list and they are not assigned to the program - the user still appears in the audience though.

There is a problem if the dismiss is selected in error as there is no record of the users who have been dismissed and they still appear in the audience. To prevent this would it be possible to list the dismissed people in the exception report with an opportunity to undismiss them from the program.  The description Dismiss and take no action could also be made a bit stronger as some action is taken  - the users is not enrolled in the program (and assigned required learning).

me
Re: Program Exception report - dismiss and take no action behavopur
by George Angus - Monday, 17 March 2014, 4:17 PM
Group Totara

Hi Craig,

Good idea. Ive submitted an enhancement bug.

cheers,

G.

Richard Chambury
by Richard Chambury - Wednesday, 22 October 2014, 2:38 AM
Group Partners

Hi George

I have speaking with one of our clients this morning who has used the 'dismiss' option unintentionally and they need to re-add these users to the certification/program. Is there any update on this enhancement as yet for version 2.5?

Thanks

Richard

me
by George Angus - Wednesday, 29 October 2014, 2:26 PM
Group Totara

Hi Richard,

We only put in enhancements into the latest versions (unless we are absolutely clear it will be very straightforward) as outlined here.

I think it maybe worthwhile contacting your Channel Partner Manager with a view to identifying any areas which could benefit from custom work.

Regards,

George. 

Wen Hao Chuang
by Wen Hao Chuang - Wednesday, 29 October 2014, 8:03 PM

+1 on this. This is something that urgently needs improvement. My $0.02