Best practice forum (Archived)

Totara sync – unsuspended most users

Rob Bloor
Totara sync – unsuspended most users
by Rob Bloor - Tuesday, 11 March 2014, 9:33 AM

Hi

Background

We’ve just upgraded to 2.5.8 and quite happily running sync as I have done in the past and suddenly discovered that 15,000 users had become unsuspended and have had their welcome email sent to them.  We are still developing our site before going live in a few months.  I won’t bore you with the rest of my day!

Question

Has anyone else had sync unsuspending users, I did not put anything in the “delete” or “suspend” fields (I think suspend is optional never used it before).  Help says:

delete

Suspend

0 or 1

0 or 1

Required when only users to create, update or delete/suspend are provided, otherwise not necessary. 0 => do nothing, 1=> deleted/suspend. No action assumed if empty.

(Why a capital S for suspend?)

Really want to know what has happened so it doesn’t again!

Rob

me
Re: Totara sync – unsuspended most users
by George Angus - Tuesday, 11 March 2014, 3:22 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rob,

Is the Sync User element settings "Source contains all records" set to "Yes"?  Is there a delete field in the CSV?

Ive taken out the cap. "S".

regards,

George.

? ?
by ? ? - Tuesday, 11 March 2014, 6:04 PM

While sites are in development you should also use some of the config options in your config.php like

//Do not send any emails at all

$CFG->noemailever = true;

OR
// Divert all outgoing emails to this address to test and debug emailing features
$CFG->divertallemailsto = 'myemail@company.com';

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Monday, 17 March 2014, 8:45 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi Rob,

This happened to me as well, I have added a 'suspended' column to my .csv for upload.

S...