Best practice forum (Archived)

Integration with Sharepoint and/or Dynamics AX

John Le Rossignol
Integration with Sharepoint and/or Dynamics AX
by John Le Rossignol - Friday, 28 March 2014, 8:50 AM

I would be interested to hear of anyone with experience of integrating Totara with either MS Sharepoint or Dynamics AX. Our Totara currently imports data by csv from SAP, but we are replacing SAP with a combination of Dynamics AX and Sharepoint, and will probably need integration between the 3 systems. Any advice welcome on this - or on how the Sharepoint LMS compares with Totara as an alternative.

me
Re: Integration with Sharepoint and/or Dynamics AX
by George Angus - Sunday, 30 March 2014, 7:41 PM
Group Totara

Hi John,

Ive done a quick search:

https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=17438#p11443

https://moodle.org/public/search/?cx=017878793330196534763%253A-0qxztjngoy&cof=FORID%253A9&ie=UTF-8&q=Dynamics+AX&sa=Search+moodle.org

Couldnt find anything on Dynamics.

regards,

George.

Tom Ireland
by Tom Ireland - Tuesday, 1 April 2014, 4:46 AM
Group Totara

Hi, John

Prior to working for Totara, I worked for a company that partnered with Kineo to do some integration work with Moodle and Dynamics AX. Integration involved bringing data into Moodle from Dynamics AX, so it's definitely possible, but depending on the level of integration required it could require some custom development work.

To answer your question regarding SharePoint and Dynamics, there is a lot of information on Google related to their integration.

I hope that helps answer some of your questions.

Regards

Tom

Tony Richens
by Tony Richens - Friday, 11 April 2014, 9:16 AM
Group Partners

Hi John,

I worked on the project mentioned by Tom (i.e. integrating Dynamics with Totara) via an early version of what is now Totara Sync. This type of intergation is still based on the transfer of CSV files between systems.

There is another approach to use web services (API) and update the various systems almost real-time.

Tony