Best practice forum (Archived)

Including a course in an certification

Daniel Bond
Including a course in an certification
by Daniel Bond - Monday, 7 April 2014, 3:11 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Including a course into a certification appears to reset all of the activity completion data (but not course completion data) in the "Course Completion" report. The activities still contain the completion data (SCORM tracking, quiz attempts, etc.) but none of this appears in the "Course Completion" report, which is confusing our staff. Any activities completed after the course was included in the certification appear as normal.

Just as a reference point, none of the completions (before or after the course was included in the certification) are via the certification, because we've not started using certifications yet.

I guess the question is, is this expected behaviour? If so, it's a shame there's not a bit more warning about it (although this post may well act as warning enough). Additionally, is there any way to reverse this, so that the course completion report will correctly reflect when activities were completed?

Regards

Dan

Tom Ireland
Re: Including a course in an certification
by Tom Ireland - Monday, 7 April 2014, 8:39 AM
Group Totara

Hi, Dan

Thanks for your post. This sounds like it could be an issue, but I cannot be sure going by the description, so I recommend it be raised as a support request. Could you speak to your Partner and provide some steps on how you reached the issue? Screenshots are always a big help, too.

Your Partner can then raise a ticket via our Support Portal and that will enable us to deal with it appropriately and track the issue better.

Thanks!

Tom

Daniel Bond
Re: Including a course in an certification
by Daniel Bond - Tuesday, 8 April 2014, 2:14 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Thanks, I've now registered this with our partner.

Dan