Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Sunday, 6 April 2014, 2:58 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
me
Re: Totara 2.5.11 - Unable to see all Audiences from Site Admin>Users>Accounts>Audiences screen
by George Angus - Sunday, 6 April 2014, 3:20 PM
Group Totara

Hi Maurice,

This is a bug. Ill put in a report. Thanks for spotting.

regards,

George.

Simon Coggins
Re: Totara 2.5.11 - Unable to see all Audiences from Site Admin>Users>Accounts>Audiences screen
by Simon Coggins - Sunday, 6 April 2014, 3:43 PM
Group Totara

Actually, it's not a bug. This change was to fix a bug, as discussed in our previous discussion here:

https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=19003#p16089

If you want audiences to appear in the system context list then you need to set their context to 'system'.

Simon

Sunday, 6 April 2014, 4:02 PM
Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Sunday, 6 April 2014, 5:07 PM
Group Totara

Although I appreciate that's what it was doing, it was actually a bug - in Moodle that page only shows the system audiences and it was never intended to display category audiences. You can see the heading is "System: available audiences".

You could create a new report via "Report Builder > Manage Reports" using the "Audiences" report source and that would include all audiences.

Simon

Sunday, 6 April 2014, 5:56 PM
Mei Chan
by Mei Chan - Sunday, 21 August 2016, 10:59 PM

This seems to be an old thread but I have been searching for the same thing for v2.7. On the user > accounts > audience screen it's missing a couple of audiences for us and found that they're on category context. I then look into the my report - audience report but unable to filter out on those that are on category context. The only way I could figure out is either i) download two report and do a cross mapping and find out the audiences that is not in the system:available audience page, or ii) go to click the category one by one and find out the audiences from there.

It will be really great if there is a column/filter on the audience report that allows us to see from one page on all the audiences that was created, and how they are used......

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 22 August 2016, 2:44 PM
Group Totara

Hi Mei

The interface for creating audiences has been changed in v2.9 so that it displays the system and category level audiences on the one screen and this is exportable.

audience all

Mei Chan
by Mei Chan - Monday, 22 August 2016, 5:23 PM

That's awesome! Thank you Craig!