Best practice forum (Archived)

Amendments to F2F sessions

Cheers!
Amendments to F2F sessions
by James Gale - Monday, 28 April 2014, 6:12 AM

Hi there

Is there mechanism (in T2.5 onwards) where a F2F amendment notification could be sent if an amendment to a session is made.
For example if the location or date/time is changed.

I couldnt find a notificiation template for it so thought I'd ask!

Thanks

James

me
Re: Amendments to F2F sessions
by George Angus - Monday, 28 April 2014, 7:24 PM
Group Totara

Hi Jamie,

If you go to "view all sessions" then under Facetoface administration click Notifications its here:

Face-to-face booking date/time changed: [facetofacename], [starttime]-[finishtime], [sessiondate]

cheers,

George.

me
by George Angus - Monday, 28 April 2014, 7:27 PM
Group Totara

Jamie,

Having looked at the list I see theres nothing for a change of location - Ill put in an enhancement.

cheers,

George.

Cheers!
by James Gale - Tuesday, 29 April 2014, 1:52 AM

Thanks George

Though I dont see that in 2.5.0 so could you tell me what version you're looking at?

Location would be useful but am also thinking about the other fields where changes could be possible like Room and also any custom fields?

Cheers

James

Tom Ireland
by Tom Ireland - Tuesday, 29 April 2014, 2:28 AM
Group Totara

Hi, James

The particular notification George is referring to is actually edited from the Face-to-face activity itself (see George's first reply).

1. Go to the course where the Face-to-face activity has been created and select it
  2. To the left-hand side you should see the Face-to-face administration block
  3. At the bottom of the block you will find Notifications

Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers

Tom

Cheers!
by James Gale - Tuesday, 29 April 2014, 8:25 AM

Thanks Tom - yes I've just found it there together with a few others I wasnt aware existed like 'Face-to-face session trainer cancellation' and  'Face-to-face session trainer unassigned'

Can I ask why these arent visible with the notifications the Plugin -> Activity -> Face to Face level?

Thanks

James

Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer)
by Ciaran Irvine (Core Developer) - Tuesday, 29 April 2014, 2:43 PM

Hi James,

The templates are available there but there's a bit of a disconnect between the templates and the actual notifications available in an individual F2F session - it is confusing at present and we intend to tidy that area up a lot for 2.7

Cheers!
by James Gale - Wednesday, 30 April 2014, 2:05 AM

Hi Ciaran

Thanks for that.  Yes would make sense to standardise that area.  Just upgraded to 2.5.12 and I dont see those templates at the plugin level..should I?.  I've added a screenshot of what I have available.  Be grateful if you could clarify.

Thanks

James

Tom Ireland
by Tom Ireland - Wednesday, 30 April 2014, 2:52 AM
Group Totara

Hi, James

No, you won't see the additional templates under the Plugin settings for the Face-to-face module, you will find them at the activity level.

As Ciaran mentioned, it is a bit confusing at present, but hopefully that helps clarify things a bit better for you.

Cheers

Tom