Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Tuesday, 22 July 2014, 9:50 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Simon Coggins
Re: Privacy Breach
by Simon Coggins - Tuesday, 22 July 2014, 10:42 PM
Group Totara

Hi Gareth,

We'll look into this straight away. It's the end of the day here in New Zealand so I'll send an email to our UK support team to get them to pick this up and get in touch.

If you could open a support ticket at helpdesk.totaralms.com that would be the best way for us to exchange information. Information that would be useful to us immediately would be the version of Totara that you are using (given on the Site Admin > Notifications page). If you could also confirm the URL where the search results are showing that would help too.

In the short term, here are some settings to check:

Do you know if you've disabled the 'force login' option in site policies? This is on by default in Totara (but not in Moodle) and would prevent all access to your front page and course catalog.

Do you know if anyone has changed the default guest role setting, or any of the guest role capabilities?

Simon

This forum post has been removed
Tuesday, 22 July 2014, 11:00 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Wednesday, 23 July 2014, 12:26 AM
Group Totara

You should have previously received an invitation email - I've just resent it. If it doesn't arrive could you check your spam folder?

To help further we need some information from you, I'd suggest putting it on a ticket once you have access:

• Your exact Totara version from the notifications page (something like 2.5.10)
  • A screenshot of the results page showing one or more courses that aren't supposed to be shown (full screen area please)
  • A screenshot of the "Audience Visibility" section of the Course > Edit settings page for one or more of the courses that's not supposed to be shown.

Simon

Tom Ireland
by Tom Ireland - Wednesday, 30 July 2014, 9:31 AM
Group Totara

This would appear to be a configuration issue rather than a security/privacy issue.

Cheers

Tom