Best practice forum (Archived)

Certifications: "Time Allowance" exception with no minimum time required

Daniel Bond
Certifications: "Time Allowance" exception with no minimum time required
by Daniel Bond - Thursday, 4 December 2014, 1:44 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Hi,

I have a certification, 1 year validity, recertification window opens 2 months before expiry, users must complete within 1 month of enrolment. The course sets for certification and recertification are both set as "No time limit". Every morning, I get a "Time Allowance" exception generated which appears to contain everyone for whom the recertification window has just opened. Whether I select "Set Realistic Time Allowance" or "Override and add programme", the dates for the certification for that user are identical. Have I set up something wrong, or is there a bug here? Happy to provide any more information that would help diagnose this, currently we've only got 1 certification but the intention is to have lots of them in the not too distant future.

Thanks

Dan

Tom Ireland
Re: Certifications: "Time Allowance" exception with no minimum time required
by Tom Ireland - Tuesday, 9 December 2014, 6:30 AM
Group Totara

Hi, Dan

If you haven't already, I would advise raising this issue with your Totara Solution Partner. If you have identified a potential issue which requires further investigation, your Totara solution Partner should be able to investigate and advise as needed. They can also raise a helpdesk ticket through our official support channel on your behalf, should it require further investigation by the Totara team.

Thanks.

Tom

Daniel Bond
Re: Certifications: "Time Allowance" exception with no minimum time required
by Daniel Bond - Tuesday, 9 December 2014, 6:40 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Ah, sorry, assumed it was just me not knowing how to use certifications, didn't realise it might be a bug. Have now logged it with them.

Regards

Dan