Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 21 August 2014, 8:39 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
me
Re: Feedback Activity - Missing Answer Choices
by George Angus - Thursday, 21 August 2014, 5:16 PM
Group Totara

Hi Jaime,

Can you send me screenshots of the Feedack settings, and detail what steps you took so we can reproduce this end?

thanks,

George.

Friday, 22 August 2014, 5:51 AM
Friday, 22 August 2014, 5:52 AM
Friday, 22 August 2014, 5:53 AM
me
by George Angus - Sunday, 24 August 2014, 7:56 PM
Group Totara

Hi Jaime,

Can you go to site admin>Users>permissions>define roles edit any role and look for "viewarchive" and let me know what it says?

thanks,

George.

Monday, 25 August 2014, 8:01 AM
me
by George Angus - Monday, 25 August 2014, 2:19 PM
Group Totara

Hi Jaime,

What upgrade path did you follow? Im asking because Im trying to figure out how the capability is missing.

cheers,

George.

Tuesday, 26 August 2014, 5:13 AM
? ?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 27 August 2014, 7:36 PM

Hi Jaime,

mod/feedback:viewarchive capability is a standard capability for the feedback activity that should always exist. It looks like something strange happened on or around your last upgrade which has removed that capability from the database, which should never normally happen. The Feedback module has not had an upgrade script since November 2013 so there was nothing in any of the 2.6 point releases that would have caused this deliberately.

While there are fairly straightforward ways to resolve this they would require a sysadmin with access to the server and database, so this one would be best dealt with by getting your Totara partner to raise a formal support ticket on the Totara helpdesk.

I'm concerned though as to what happened originally - if one record has been removed, there may be other data missing which could have unpredictable effects. Your partner should also check the system logs from the time of the upgrade to see if they can determine what caused this.

As far as 'Unsubscribe users from courses after' is concerned, that is an old 1.x setting that was removed way back in 2.0. From moodle.org:

Note: For users who have upgraded to Moodle 2 from 1.9, the setting 'Unsubscribe users from courses after' in Cleanup has been replaced by 'Unenrol inactive after' in Self enrolment. i.e. the setting now applies ONLY to users who self-enrolled.