Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Tuesday, 18 March 2014, 4:20 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
me
Re: Postponing face2face sessions - Calendar cancellations
by George Angus - Tuesday, 18 March 2014, 7:31 PM
Group Totara

Hi Aj,

If you edit the date and time of the session (View all Sessions) and the users calendar updates instantly. Id advise messaging the users (under Attendees) as emails notifying them of the change are not sent out.

regards,

George.

Tuesday, 18 March 2014, 10:37 PM
me
by George Angus - Thursday, 20 March 2014, 6:12 PM
Group Totara

Hi AJ,

Ill put in an enhancement bug for  this.

cheers,

George.

Thursday, 20 March 2014, 9:56 PM
? ?
by ? ? - Sunday, 23 March 2014, 6:16 PM

Hi AJ,

Normally enhancement requests go into a pool to be prioritised for the next major release. For example 2.6 will be out in a few weeks, which will contain a bunch of previous enhancement requests, and then immediately the enhancement team will start working on the list of feature enhancements planned to go into 2.7 in October.

The regular point-releases on each branch usually contain an assortment of security fixes, bug fixes and performance improvements and only rarely any sort of feature improvement or functionality change. There is some more info on this thread:

https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=17714

What was the problem with the scorm activity? Was there an upgrade to a more recent point-release on your current major version?

Fiona Cashmore
by Fiona Cashmore - Thursday, 27 March 2014, 4:58 PM

Hi George

We've been testing this with some of our course changes and have found that no notification goes out (even though the course date/time change notification is set to active) and the actual calendar invite also doesn't change. Essentially, when we make the change to the session date/time, nothing happens at the learner end at all.

We found we needed to cancel everyone out of the session (and they would receive a cancellation notice) then make the changes to the course date/time, then add everyone back into the session (so they received a new calendar invite). We also had to send a message in advance of this telling them to process both the cancellation (otherwise the old time would be in their calendar) and the new invite (to put the correct details in their calendar).

This seems inordinately complex for what should be a quick solution, and we'd love to be able to process as per your guidance to AJ above. Is there a trick we're not aware of? We're on 2.4.

Thanks George.

me
by George Angus - Thursday, 10 April 2014, 3:44 PM
Group Totara

Hi Fiona,

Please accept my apologies for the late reply - this one slipped through the net. Ive replicated this and can confirm its a bug. Ive filed a bug report. Someone will be in touch in due course.

regards,

George.

Daniel  Mudgett
by Daniel Mudgett - Friday, 11 April 2014, 6:29 AM

This is a significant issue for us with the F2F so I'm hoping a fix is not too far off in the future.

Thanks!

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 9 June 2014, 9:19 PM

A fix for the notifications not going out when session times are changed issue was included in today's (10th June 2014) release of Totara 2.5.14

Monday, 4 August 2014, 1:36 AM
me
by George Angus - Monday, 4 August 2014, 3:22 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andrea,

There is an enhancement request in place for this functionality - but due to our roadmap commitments I couldnt give a definite date yet as to when its likely to make it into a release.

regards,

George.