Best practice forum (Archived)

Choose Manager / Search Order ?

John Unnever
Choose Manager / Search Order ?
by John Unnever - Monday, 16 October 2017, 7:50 AM
Group Partners

When viewing a users profile, clicking the Job Assignments, then selecting 'Choose Manager'.   When we use the Search box and type something like 'Smith' .. the results come back pretty jumbled..  it doesn't seem to be alphabetical at all... is there a way to define the search results sorting order somewhere?  

Craig Eves
Re: Choose Manager / Search Order ?
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 16 October 2017, 1:29 PM
Group Totara

Hi John

I tried in the Community site (v10) and also v9 and the search results appear alphabetical - by first name for me.

What version do you have?

regards

John Unnever
by John Unnever - Monday, 16 October 2017, 5:22 PM
Group Partners

Hi Craig,

We are currently on 9.2.2.  Here is a screen shot of the results after searching 'Smith'.  I've blocked off some info to the right.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 16 October 2017, 6:35 PM
Group Totara

Hi John

Thanks for the screen shot it looks like you have multiple job assignments - i didn't have this in my sites. I tried in 9.2.2 with multiple job assignments and the records still appeared in order. There must be something else that is in the user profile - are the same hierarchy frameworks being used for each job?

regards

John Unnever
by John Unnever - Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 5:48 AM
Group Partners

Hi Craig,

Yes, the same framework is being used for all of the users.   They aren't sorted by email address are they?  In your case, your email addresses are also sorted alphabetically, however, in my environment, all of the user accounts are set to the same email address (for now).   So, just curious if that's a possibility.

The other possibility we thought of is that maybe it's sorting by the order the job position was loaded into the system?

John Unnever
by John Unnever - Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 5:55 AM
Group Partners

I just went into one of our other environments that has real email addresses in it that would sort correctly alphabetically if it was sorting on email...  and it's still out of order..  So i don't think it's sorting by email address.

This forum post has been removed
Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 7:07 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
John Unnever
by John Unnever - Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 9:07 AM
Group Partners

We have many additional custom-profile fields (none of which are name related).   As for the additional name fields, the only one we use is for the middle name as that's not part of the primary profile fields set.

This forum post has been removed
Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 9:15 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.