Previous General Totara Learn discussions (read only)

Cancellations not updating status for report

Andy Boycott
Cancellations not updating status for report
by Andy Boycott - Monday, 20 November 2017, 1:37 AM

I am new to Totara and still finding my way......... I am having problems identifying users that have been assigned to a course, but then have been cancelled off. The 'Assigned but not booked report' is still showing the cancelled user as 'In Progress' as apposed to 'Not yet started' and therefore is not being identified as needing to rebook when the report is run. Also the number of attendees to the course is not changing even though their name has been removed? Any idea's? Thanks.

Craig Eves
Re: Cancellations not updating status for report
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 20 November 2017, 1:00 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andy

Can you check that the course setting for Completion tracking  for Mark as in progress on first view isn't ticked. If it is ticked then the course will be marked as in progress when the learner views the course rather than Not yet started.

regards

Andy Boycott
by Andy Boycott - Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 1:54 AM

Hi Craig,

This is for F2F courses. I need to run a report that shows who has been assigned and booked onto a course and be able to identify who has been assigned but has been cancelled off and needs to rebook. At the moment the learners who have been cancelled off a course are not being picked up as needing to rebook.

Thanks for your help,

Andy

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 1:03 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andy

Thanks for clarifying that.

Assuming you are using a recent version of 2.9 (the face to face activity name was changed to seminars in version)

The report sounds as though it is based off the Face to Face sessions source in report builder so should be able to be customised.

I tried creating a report using this source in report builder and the status for the face to face for a cancelled user is shown as User cancelled and the number of attendees column doesn't include the cancelled user.

Can you confirm the version of Totara and the report source you are using?

regards

Andy Boycott
by Andy Boycott - Wednesday, 22 November 2017, 1:32 AM

Hi Craig,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We are using version 2.9. Could you let me know how to produce the report that shows which learner has been booked, completed and cancelled off?

I have been thrown into the deep end with this and knowledge of Totara in the business is very limited.

Thanks,

Andy

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 23 November 2017, 4:10 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andy

There are some useful learning resources on the Totara Academy site https://totara.community with a course on Reports available with a five minute video https://youtu.be/Q7NjjOr5Y1I that is a good place to start. You can self register on the site to enrol in these courses.

More details are available on the help site https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TL29/Creating+Reports

To leap in and start creating the Report select Site admin > Reports > Report builder > Manage reports > New Report

For the source select Face to face sessions and select the columns including status column and view the report, the report builder interface it is fairly intuitive and has online help with ? next to any settings you are unsure of.

regards