Suggest Totara Learn features

TL-20121 Restrict the list of potential users in Seminars when adding users to a session

me
TL-20121 Restrict the list of potential users in Seminars when adding users to a session
by George Angus - Sunday, 3 February 2019, 5:24 PM
Group Totara

At present when adding users to a seminar the list of potential users available to the trainer/editing trainer is all the authenticated users on the site.

It would add value if this list could be restricted to the 'trainer's users' - that is by enrolled learners, hierarchy (job, organisation, position) and/or by group, audience or other metric. 

Rickard Skiold
Re: TL-20121 Restrict the list of potential users in Seminars when adding users to a session
by Rickard Skiold - Sunday, 3 February 2019, 10:10 PM

+1

Common request from our clients at Xtractor.

This forum post has been removed
Monday, 4 February 2019, 2:44 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Monday, 4 February 2019, 3:19 AM
? ?
Re: TL-20121 Restrict the list of potential users in Seminars when adding users to a session
by ? ? - Monday, 4 February 2019, 5:21 PM

Hello all,

Would be good to understand the popular uses cases in more detail. If you're interested in this feature can you please describe the scenarios where this would be useful and why?

Thank you,

Andre.

Monday, 4 February 2019, 11:38 PM
? ?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 6 February 2019, 3:08 PM

Frantisek,

Thanks for your feedback.

As far as I understand the aim seem to be to:

1. prevent the trainer/editing-trainers from browsing through the entire list of user in the site 
  2. improve the experience of trainers booking users in seminar events

A few follow up questions that I have:

• What would be your prefered method to determine the potential users?
  • Should this restriction to the potential users list also apply to admins and site managers or only to trainers/editing-trainers?

Regards,

André.

Thursday, 7 February 2019, 6:25 AM
Tuesday, 5 February 2019, 1:51 AM
? ?
by ? ? - Wednesday, 6 February 2019, 6:35 PM

Hi Andrew,

Thank you, that's an interesting scenario. Sounds like improving the trainer user experience is the main aim here. I'd expect trainers to upload a csv to book a big number of learners to a seminar event. Is there any specific reason why that's not considered?

Hope you don't mind providing a little more detail:

• What tool do they use instead of Seminar to track attendance at the moment?
  • How many learners typically participate in an event?
  • How would you define each trainer's "own watch"? Based on what information?

Regards,

Andre.

Matthew Carson
by Matthew Carson - Monday, 11 February 2019, 4:55 PM

+1 from us too.

I'd envisage a few toggles, similar to what already exists when adding users one by one (the Show only users who declared interest in this activity). These toggles could be (for example) 'Show only users enrolled in this course', and 'Show only users active on system', and 'Show users based on audience'. (see below)

Ideally people would use a csv upload, but for the bulk of the trainers that I work with that'd be outside their skillset to manage.

Thanks

Tracey Brighton
by Tracey Brighton - Wednesday, 10 April 2024, 3:32 PM

Addition to this discussion: Our regional members would like the ability to assign an Audience to a Seminar session.